So, maybe this is cheating a little bit, but I LOVE sharing recipes and I’ve missed sharing those things with you this month! Plus, I made this AMAZING Potato-Crusted Chicken Fingers made from potato chips!! So, if you have too many potato chips lying around, you can make this dish!
– 6 ounces baked potato chips
– 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk (I used skim)
– 1 large egg, lightly beaten
– 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
– 1/2 teaspoon salt (I didn’t add any salt)
– 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
Grind chips in food processor (I actually used more than 6 oz, it was closer to 8 oz) and place in shallow dish. Add the flour and mix. Combine milk and egg in another shallow dish.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dip chicken in milk mixture, then dredge in ground potato chips and flour. Add half of chicken; cook on each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
I served the chicken with mashed potatoes – my husband LOVED it!! ( I did too.)
I looked up other creative uses for potato chips and found inspiration in this picture – One Bite Appetizers:
Looks SOOO good. From thekitchn.com.
I linked up at Beauty and Bedlam’s Tasty Tuesday.
© 2011 – 2012, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.