You seem like a little boy and no longer a baby! In your mannerism, looking around more, rolling over, etc. This is SUCH an exciting time for Daddy and Momma!
We can see that you keep growing and growing – every single day! You have reached great milestones:
- can smoothly draw circles in the air with your arm
- picking up objects, shaking them for awhile, and studying them intently
- you smile when someone is smiling and talking to you
- playing peek-a-boo
- exploring the sounds you can make – shrieking LOUDLY now!
- sitting up pretty well while being supported and leaning against Momma or Daddy
- rolling over from back to tummy
- opening your mouth and moving towards food and pushing away when you’ve had enough
Sleep: You are awake a lot more during the day now. You just take three or four 30-min naps. If you’ve been awake for more than 3 hours you get grumpy really fast! You go to sleep around 7pm each night and sleep until 7:30am or 8am. Of course, you still wake up to eat in the middle of the night – usually just 2 times. It’s nice that you eat for 5-7 minutes, then you fall right back asleep!
Social: You got dressed up with Momma and Daddy and enjoyed a night out for the fall festival. You were a perfect Jack-Jack! You love listening to others talk and give the biggest grins when anyone is giving attention to you now!
Diet: Exclusively breastmilk. Breastfeeding is going really well. You are great at telling mom when you are hungry and are a good eater. You can put away a LOT in the evening before bedtime!
Likes: Eating, falling asleep in the Ergo, observing, smiling, the pacifier, YOUR FEET, your caterpillar and lamb, talking to others, “exercising” with Daddy and Momma, and being sung to. You love kisses on the neck – that’s what has gotten you to laugh the most!!
Dislikes: Being tired, hungry or bored – those are the main 3 reasons why you cry!
Firsts & Milestones:
- Oct. 28th – Rolled from tummy to back two times in a row!!
- Oct. 29th – Attended MommyCon – spent all day long in the Ergo with Momma!
- Nov. 1st – Grabbing onto your feet for the first time at your 4 month check-up!!
- Nov. 2nd – First time at the Kansas Museum of History in Topeka. Also, you were laughing in reaction to others laughing a lot today!
- Nov. 3rd – You noticed Momma driving the car today and you kept your head cocked back so you could watch her.
- Nov. 4th – Watch Momma decorate the Christmas tree and held your first ornament!
- Nov. 7th – Started saying “ugh” and “unk” a lot
- Nov. 9th – Started making what Momma calls “monkey faces”. You like to move your lips and tongue around.
- Nov. 10th – Attended first wedding! Chelsea & Jacob!
- Nov. 16th – Visited extended family for the first time!
- Nov. 18th – Christmas pictures taken by your Aunt Megan!! Here is a sneak peak:
- Nov. 20th – You really started exploring your voice – shrieking loudly!
I love your full smiles and getting you to laugh. I love seeing you and Daddy together or hearing Daddy interact with you when changing your diaper. We love watching you grow and change every day!!
Love you, little man!
© 2013, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.