You are 9 months already – time is going by too fast!! Momma was excited for your doctor’s appointment – we wanted to see how much you have grown.
Weight: At the doctor’s appointment we found out you were almost 17 lbs. and 28 inches long! Still a tall, skinny (compared to other babies) baby – but look at those rolls!
Sleep: Sleep is still going well – we are so grateful for that! You consistently wake up only once a night for a feeding – it’s usually 8-10 hours after you fall asleep. Then after eating you go back to sleep for almost another 3 hours. You usually fall asleep between 7:30 and 8pm and wake up for the day about 12 hours later.
Social: You really are learning by interacting with people! You got to meet your grand Uncle Gene and grand Aunt Sara this month. We also take part in a weekly playdate – mostly you just observe the other kids. Here is a cute picture in which Peter was reading to you:
Diet: Mainly breastmilk, with solids just about once a day on average. You have tried avocado, apple, cucumber, sweet potato fries, orange, grapefruit, veggie straws, banana, green pepper, steamed carrot, pear, broccoli, lettuce, graham crackers, veggie straws, toast, tomato and steak! When you see me eating breakfast you fuss until I give you something to eat. (I’m going to do a post on baby led weaning and why we are doing it soon!)
Likes: Daddy!! You LOVE the way Daddy plays with you and gets you to laugh and tosses you in the air! When ANYONE picks you up and talks to you or sings to you, observing, smiling, the pacifier, YOUR FEET, your caterpillar and lamby, eating solids, talking to others, and playing with Daddy and Momma.
Dislikes: Not being able to eat what Momma and Daddy are eating. Being tired, hungry or bored – those are the main 3 reasons why you cry! And teething, but teething hasn’t been too bad so far. I’ve written a post on some things we’ve done to help your teething pain. Of course, you still like to be carried – Momma even tried the back carry for the first time!
Firsts & Milestones:
- March 1st – Short trip to your third state – Iowa! when you wanted to eat!!
- March 8th – You waved to Daddy!!
- March 9th – You started popping up and down to music on your own!!
- March 11th – Said “hi!” to someone after they said hi to you first! Momma believes you have also said your name, but Daddy is a little bit skeptical that you know what it means. Daddy is probably right, but a Momma likes to hope!
- March 12th – Went to your first storytime at the public Library!! Momma wants to make it a weekly habit. She is also trying to keep books around you more often at home.
- March 14th – You bounced up and down (while sitting) to, “If you’re happy and you know it bounce up and down!”
- March 16th – Your first two bottom teeth emerged today!! Momma felt them first before actually seeing them.
- March 18th – First day that was cloudy enough for you to look around and observe on our walk. We’ve taken a walk 3-4 times these last two weeks – the weather has been great!
- March 20th – Momma is trying something new – you in the pack in play while she cooks or works in the kitchen:
- March 21st – You met your Grand Uncle Gene and Grand Aunt Sara for the first time!
- March 23rd – You turned you head and said, “Hi Daddy!” pretty clearly when Daddy sat down next to you!
We love you, little man!
© 2014, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.