This year, instead of setting large, yearly goals I’ve decided to set monthly goals. I think this will help me to stay on track, plus it gives me the flexibility to change my priorities and focus in goal setting. Last year, by the end of the year I realized I didn’t WANT to accomplish everything I had set as a goal the beginning of the year. Also, this year I’m having a baby and who knows how that is going to change my world!
Here are the goals I have set for May – June:
Faith Focus: Self-discipline
1) Mindful Eating: Before I eat anything, I want to be mindful of the nourishment/benefit that the food will give me (or not give me if it’s potato chips, ice cream, etc.). I’m using the app MyFitnessPal to keep track of the food I eat and see that I’m getting 56 grams of protein/day.
2) God First: Daily reading God’s word definitely takes discipline. Since I’m pregnant, my plan is to start eating breakfast with my hubby first thing after I get up, then as soon as he leaves for work, I will switch gears to reading the Bible/journaling. I will also work on my memorizing Psalm 34:1-8 during this time (I want to have this memorized for the birth of my Baby Girl).
3) Exercise: I have not been too regular with exercising. These two months I want to take a 25-30 minute walk everyday I can (3-6 times/week) and stretch.
Family Focus: Baby Preparation
1) Finish reading Shepherding a Child’s Heart with my husband. (Read a chapter a week, then discuss together on Saturdays)
2) Read some of the Baby books I have – there are so many!
3) Finish getting the Nursery ready!
Home Management Focus: Declutter & Organize
1) 25 Days of Working Towards Simple Living project
2) Build a routine of cleaning
3) Stock my freezer before the baby
Personal Focus: 30 before 30
1) Read some of an ebook I bought with 97 book bundle! (on Fridays)
2) Send birthday cards out to family and friends on their birthdays. (In the first week of the month, I will get every card for that month ready to send.)
3) Work on my 30 before 30 list. Here are the goals I want to accomplish (or get a start on for May – June):
- Take a cooking class? We will see if I can get to this in early June
- Organize all our photos (June)
- Create a YouTube channel (June)
I hope with the reminders and setting aside specific day/month it is more achievable!
What are your goals for this year? Or this month?
© 2013, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.