A year ago now, I posted my 30 before 30 bucket list. Little did I know that I would find out in less than a week that I was pregnant! That changed some of my priorities. So today I give you the 30 before 30 list that I did complete before my 30th birthday!
**If you want to make a similar list, I would encourage you to check out the original post, as it has some printables for making your own 30 before 30 list!
My husband and I took a trip to Colorado the weekend before my birthday, just to knock out some of these 30 before 30s! That’s right, I just made “30 before 30″ into a noun. The trip was so much fun and the weather was GORGEOUS! We’ll have to move to Colorado some day.
Here’s my official 30 before list with commentary:
1. Start writing a children’s book. - Yes, it’s entitled “Mom! I’m stuck.” And yes, my sister did give me permission to write about her life. 2. Take a cooking class (or watch a cooking demonstration). – My husband and I attended a cooking demonstration at Sur La Table on making pizzas. Since we make homemade pizza almost on a weekly basis, this was right up our ally.
3. Learn a new dance (perhaps Argentine Tango). – YES, while pregnant I learned the basics of Tango. So fun! 4. Finish the two quilts I have started. - Yes, I paid someone else to finish the quilts. 5. Go swing dancing in the mile high city! - It had been so long since Matt and I had gone swing dancing before this last weekend. I enjoyed it so much!! 6. Go on a classic American road trip. - Yes, my husband and I took a trip to Colorado the weekend before my 30th birthday! We brought our camping gear and decided to wing it each night! 8. Tend my own garden & cook a meal completely using my home-grown produce. – Well, since I got pregnant and would be big come planting and growing season I chose not to garden this year. But my mother-in-law has been giving me produce and I recently have been cooking meals using that produce (Tomato Basil Pasta and Pasta Alla Norma). So I consider this done. 9. Visit an IKEA. - Yes, on our weekend trip to Colorado we visited IKEA. I might have a separate post all on my favorite things from the showroom at IKEA.
10. Go Biking in Colorado. - Yep!
11. Take belly dancing lessons (or practice with a DVD regularly for several weeks). – while pregnant I did do some of the routines, but not for long. 12. Learn to drive stick. - Yep! 13. Start my own business - last school year I worked 30 hours/wk. teaching piano, Chemistry, and tutoring! This year I’m continuing with teaching piano out of my home. 14. Host 3-5 dinner parties. - We’ve been having couples from our church over to our house for dinner a couple of times, plus we hosted our annual New Year’s Eve Party. 15. Watch a sunset and a sunrise over the mountains. – Yep! More pictures from biking:
16. Maintain my weight (and until I get pregnant, start working on losing 10 pounds). – yes, I was able to do this. And I’m almost back down to my pre-pregnancy weight! 17. Finish the Couch to 5K program (and run a 5K). – yes, last year before getting pregnant 18. Start a ‘frugal club’ or something similar. – well, I’m now in a mom’s group and I hope to start a monthly DIY/Homemaking meeting as a spin-off to that. 19. Grow out my hair (to half way down my back). – yep! However, shortly before giving birth I decided to cut it. Then a couple of weeks ago I cut it even shorter. 20. Go Geocaching.
21. Blog regularly for another year! 22. Add wainscoting to the spare room (in preparation for baby). – decided to paint the nursery instead. 24. Go on a cruise. 25. See the Grand Canyon. 26. Create a YouTube channel. 27. Read and discuss 4 books with my husband. - read Love and Respect, Watership Down, Love and Logic, and Ender’s Game. We have partially read Shepherding a Child’s Heart, The Birth Partner, and The Wonder Weeks together. 28. Teach a high school class (even though I’m an elementary education major).
30. Do 30 acts of kindness during the week of my 30th birthday! – Doing 30 Acts of Kindness with a 3-month old is hard to do! Everyone wants to be helping me out, because I have a young baby. I’m still working through my list. I’ll let you know when I have completed it and list them all then.
- What is on your bucket list?
- Were you able to do at least 1 act of kindness this month? What was it?
© 2013, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.