Remember how I talked about blessing my husband with the 12 Days of Christmas? Well, the last day I wanted to list 12 Reasons why I have the most awesome husband!
1. He takes life seriously. My husband DEFINITELY takes his responsibilities and roles seriously! I respect him so much for the amazing effort he puts into everything he does. He doesn’t put a half attempt into anything and pushes/inspires me to do the same!
2. Selflessness. I know he isn’t perfect, but my husband is thinking of my needs very frequently. I’ve especially seen more and more examples of this as I’ve been pregnant. He does much to serve me. He will go out of his way to show care and concern for me.
3. Loving. Matt definitely shows a sacrificial love for me many times. He is willing to brave the cold so I am warm, willing to give up his desires for the evening so that I may be comfortable, etc. We both love each other more each day, than the day we married.
4. Kindness. My husband compliments me daily on my looks, helps me often with house chores, and pays attention to how he can serve. He showers me with kindness so much!! Something I appreciate most of all is that he seeks to honor me with his actions, and what he says of me to others!!
5. Makes me laugh. I love how much Matt makes me laugh!! Since we have a similar sense of humor, we have so much fun in life. He has a great personality that others are drawn to and easily comfortable with.
6. Genuine. One of the first things that attracted me to Matt is how genuine he is. For him, what you see is really who he is. Matt is not afraid to be himself (even though he might be quite different or stand out from everyone else). I love that he is a confident Christian who majored in theater and served in the military!! (3 things you don’t often see together!)
7. Faithfulness. Honesty and transparency are a big part of our marriage. I so respect his dedication to me. I am very confident in his attraction to me. We love spending time together!!
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.
(Ephesians 5:1-4 ESV)
8. Walks in integrity. As Ephesians states above, my husband is careful to keep all sexual immorality and impurity away. He seeks to avoid dirty jokes and what is crude (in movies and conversation with others), but exemplifies the characteristics of a Christian husband to others. He keeps his word, is not easily swayed – he is a man of conviction. He strives to be a godly man and I respect him so much!!
9. Considerate of others. This is an area my husband can teach me so much in! He is so great in communicating with others – making sure he replies to emails, etc. He definitely respects others’ time. Timeliness is something I am NOT good at, and my husband is helping me to see the importance of keeping your word that you will be somewhere at a certain time – and if you are not – communicate! I respect him so much because he consistently is able to think of others’ needs when making a decision.
10. Teachable and humble. These definitely go hand in hand. Matt has been praise over and over again on how teachable, willing, and great worker he is!! I so respect Mat because he is humble enough to listen and learn from the wisdom of others. I see that my husband continuously seeks to grow and mature spiritually.
11. He seeks to be a man that has a love for God first. (Matthew 22.37) I love to see Matt seek God’s will in prayer or in reading Scripture before he acts or makes decisions. I can see that he has the desire to obey God in everything he does. I can see the evidence in Matt’s life that he is putting God first, because I see him loving me as his own body, (Ephesians 5.28) and as Christ loved the church.
12. He brings out the best in me. I think we compliment each other so well in many ways. God in his wisdom brought us together for a reason. I am grateful that when I’m with him, I feel beautiful and important.
© 2012 – 2014, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.