We can’t believe how much you have grown from 11 days old until now – 2 months!! **photo credit – Sarah Long at Joyful Photography
We have SO enjoyed watching you grow and develop. We’ve had some very exciting things happen recently – you have reached great milestones:
- focusing and staring at things
- smiling intentionally at Daddy, then Momma, then others
- becoming aware of being touched
- carrying on “conversations” with others
Weight: You are now 11 lbs 8 oz and 23.5 inches long!! The doctor says you are growing so well and she was impressed that you were growing this well on breastmilk alone.
Sleep: You sleep well during the day, but it takes awhile to put you to bed each night – usually around an hour and a half. It seems that you are wide awake at 9pm each night.
Social: You have started interacting with others quite regularly. You smile, babble and laugh. You got to meet one of your mother’s cousins – so your first cousin once removed!
Diet: Exclusively breastmilk. You hardly ever need to drink from a bottle – Momma likes to keep you to herself.
Likes: Eating, observing, smiling, the pacifier, talking to others, and Momma and Daddy’s chest. You love staring at everyone and everything around you. You are so alert, which seems to amaze everyone!
Dislikes: Being in wet clothes. Being tired – you have a hard time falling asleep during the day, but you sleep like a champ from midnight – 9am!!
Firsts & Milestones: First outing was to Walmart when you were a day old. Momma saw a dimple on your right cheek when you were stretching!
- July 25th – Met Shane (the cat of Matt’s sister – we want to introduce cats and dogs early so he is less likely to be allergic)
- July 27th – First intentional smile – at Daddy!
- July 30th – Soothed yourself by sucking your fingers
- July 31st – You smiled at Momma for the first time!!
- August 3rd – You smiled at yourself several times in the mirror while playing on the piano mat.
- August 6th – Rolled from your back to tummy. Then you lifted your head to turn it to the other side.
- August 14th – First time sleeping in your crib.
- August 18th – You started to babble a lot more and play with your voice.
- August 19th – Tracking Daddy and Momma’s faces and voices!
- August 20th – You slept over 6 hours straight the night before. That morning, Momma felt so full of energy she took you on a walk to Dillons and back.
- August 21st – You carried on a conversation with Momma, Aunt Megan, and Daddy today. Daddy even got you to laugh a little!!
- August 22nd – You turned 90 degrees in the pack ‘n play and greeted me with a huge grin when you first woke up.
I love how your full smiles and talking to you. I love when you talk to Daddy even more!! We love watching you grow and change every day!!
Love you, little man!
© 2013, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.