So I came across Katherine’s website GreenThickies.com the other day and since then I’ve been obsessed with reading it and wanting to try out these filling smoothies!! I’m thinking about taking on her 7 day smoothie challenge. Doesn’t that just sound so fun?
I’ve always loved smoothies and fresh fruit. What’s different about these thickies is that is also adds in oats (which I have already done in my smoothies), greens, and seeds or nuts. This gives it the balanced nutrition of a meal and much more filling.
Yesterday, before I had a chance to go to the store I wanted to try one of these thickies. Check out all her recipes here.
Katherine claims this is a great thickie to replace your morning coffee with! I had all the ingredients on hand (except spinach unfortunately), so this was the one I tried first. I would encourage you to read about all the great benefits of drinking this thickie here.
– 1 Cup of Water (Replace half of this with ice for a cooler smoothie)
– 1 Cup of Coconut Meat (You can use half a cup of coconut milk or dried shredded coconut)
– 2 Peaches chopped (My peaches were frozen)
– 2 Apples chopped
– 1 Cup of tightly packed Spinach (or other mild greens)
– 1 cup of Oats and
– 1/2 to 1 cup of extra water.
Add the ingredients to your blender in the order listed.
Pulse once to mix the ingredients, then blend!
It was so good!!
© 2012, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.