Hope everyone is having a great spring!! Here in Kansas, the high was in the 80s all last week and it will continue to be warm this coming week. Yes!
Favorite Lunch of last week: Grilled Chicken Salad with Creamy Cucumber Ranch Dressing, 1 whole-wheat pita bread, 1 piece of fruit
What really made this meal was the Creamy Cucumber Ranch Dressing (recipe below).
This week’s plan…
Lunch: Grilled Chicken Salad with Creamy Cucumber Ranch Dressing, 1 whole-wheat pita bread, 1 piece of fruit
Creamy Cucumber Ranch Dressing
- 3/4 c. buttermilk (or skim milk)
- 1/2 c. reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbl. minced green onion
- 3 Tbl. minced fresh dill
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
Combine all ingredients, stir and refrigerate at lest an 1, and up to 4 days. Keep stored in a covered jar.
Dinner: Bean & Cheese Burrito (recipe below), 8 tortilla chips with 1/4 c. salsa, 1 piece of fruit
Breakfast: 3/4 c. nonfat plain yogurt, 3 Tbl. granola, 1 piece fruit, 3/4 c. orange juice, coffee or tea
Lunch: Taco Salad, 1 fruit-flavored sugar-free yogurt, 1 piece of fruit
Step 1: In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together 1 c. black beans, 4 Tbl. salsa, 1 tsp. ground cumin and microwave on high for 40 seconds.
Step 2: Arrange 24 baked tortilla chips on two separate plates, top each with 1/4 c. reduced-fat Cheddar cheese and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
Step 3: Top chips and cheese with half of black bean mixture on each plate. Then add 2 c. lettuce, 1/2 tomato (chopped), 1/2 c. salsa, 2 Tbl. fat-free sour cream to each plate.
Dinner: Mushroom Barley Soup (with steak), Tortilla Roll-Up:
- 1/4 c. fat-free roasted garlic cream cheese on 10-flour tortilla
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 spinach leaves
then roll up!
Breakfast: Any cereal with 200 calories and at least 5 grams of fiber (or sprinkled with 2 Tbl. wheat germ) and 1 c. skim milk, 1 piece of fruit, coffee or tea
Lunch: Light and Fresh Vegetable Soup, fruit, and Sandwich:
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, 4 slices deli-thin lean smoked turkey breast, 2 pieces lettuce, 3 slices tomato, 1 Tbl. alfalfa sprouts, 1 oz. reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, 2 tsp. mustard
Dinner: Volumetric Burger with Creamy and Crunchy Potato Salad (recipes to come next week)
Breakfast: Scrambled Egg: 1 egg plus 2 egg whites, 2 Tbl. water, scrambled with 1 oz. Canadian bacon; 1 slice whole-wheat toast, 2 tsp. low-sugar preserves, 1 grapefruit, 1 c. low-fat milk, coffee or tea
Lunch: Soup and Veggie Sandwich, 30 cal of raw vegetables, 1 piece of fruit
Bean & Cheese Burrito
This is a great recipe to make the night before, or match in a batch and freeze! All measurements below are for making 1 serving, which is 1 burrito, though you can multiply each ingredient by 20-30 if you want to freeze some.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 whole-wheat tortilla
- 1/3 c. drained black beans, mashed
- 1/4 c. salsa, divided
- 1/4 c. shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbl. sliced green onion
- 2 Tbl. diced tomato
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 Tbl. fat-free sour cream
Stir together mashed beans, cheese and 2 Tbl. of salsa. Spoon bean mixture in a strip in the middle of tortilla, but slightly off-center. Top with tomatoes and green onions. (If eating burrito right away, skip to Step 3.)
Roll up burrito. Wrap each burrito in a paper towel, then in foil. (See the crinkly foil? Because the foil doesn’t really touch the food, it is super easy to save and reuse!)
Refrigerate or freeze. I like to pack several tortillas in ziplock bags. When ready to eat, remove foil and microwave for about 2 minutes (checking and flipping after 1 min). The paper towel keeps the burritos moist.
When ready to eat, top burritos 1/2 c. lettuce, 2 Tbl. salsa, and 2 Tbl. sour cream.
What are you cooking this week? I’d like to hear about it! Please link up below.
10 Goals for this Week
I’ve decided to break down all my goals for 2012 into manageable bite size weekly goals. Each Monday I will plan on blogging about my 10 Weekly Goals – how I did and giving my new goals for the week. Last week I listed these goals:
1. Ask my husband daily: “Is there anything I can do for you today?” (My husband’s show performances have been this weekend, so it’s been a lot of fun helping him out and just enjoying the fruit of his hard work!!)
Home Management Goals
2. Fix wine bottle tree (It fell over during last week’s high winds) - I added more soil to support the tree. I still need to replace a bottle that broke. 3. Finish Spring banner and moss wreath - Banner is done! Wreath is started! 4. Make English Muffins
5. Go through clothes and get rid of clothes that don’t fit or I don’t wear. - It didn’t happen.
6. Add pictures to Ministry website. - added some 7. Create a guest list for my Premier party! 8. Continue 30 Day Shred (start level 3)
9. Add “About Me” in sidebar - nope.
10. Check Blog Buddies and the SITS forum - did a little!
Goals for this Week:
(This week will be a much lighter load, because of Spring break and traveling.)
1. Ask my husband daily: “Is there anything I can do for you today?”
Home Management Goals
2. Finish fixing wine bottle tree
3. Finish Moss Wreath (and blog about it)
4. Plant flowers
5. Re-evaluate goals for the year and each month with husband
6. Continue 30 Day Shred (start level 3)
7. Start Couch to 5K with husband
none for this week – taking a break!
(I’m linking up to MoneySavingMom’s 10 Weekly Goals)
Come back Tuesday for the Take it on Tuesday blog hop!!
© 2012 – 2014, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.