Last week I spent time planning meals for the whole month. I decided to look over the past year of menu planning and picked out favorite meals of ours. Now, over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to calculate the costs for these meals I’ve chosen.
Wish me luck! It takes a lot of work, but I’m coming along.
Last Thursday I showed you how I make the Tomato Basil Pasta Salad. I figured the cost for that meal = $2.19 (because we used tomatoes and basil from the garden). For us, the meal only serves my husband and I, then leftovers for one person.
Then, I also calculated the cost of my Baked Potato Soup. Here’s the breakdown:
Dinner: Crockpot Orange Chicken
Lunch: Vegetable Quesadillas
Dinner on Tuesday: Pasta Salad
Dinner on Wednesday: leftovers
Dinner: Braised Chicken Gumbo
Dinner: leftover Gumbo
Lunch: Minestrone Soup
Dinner: Chili Con Carne (recipe coming soon)
Don’t forget to check out my recipes tab for more meal ideas!
What are you cooking this week? We’d love to hear about it!
10 Weekly Goals
1. Pray every evening with my husband.
2. Memorize the first 4 verses of Colossians 1.
3. Read & discuss one chapter of One of Us Must Be Crazy…. and I’m Pretty Sure It’s You by Tim & Joy Downs.
4. Write a love note to Matt.
5. Workout at least 3 times this week.
6. Only have dessert 3 times this week.
Home Management Goals
7. Calculate the cost for 5 recipes/update recipe tab.
8. Weekly freezer cooking – Healthy Granola (recipe coming), Crockpot beans
9. Use the sewing machine for at least one project.
10. Update payment records
(I’m linking up to MoneySavingMom’s 10 Weekly Goals)
© 2012, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.