(Note: Each week Frugal Townie and I, in a combined effort post the Grocery Deals Round-Up and a Frugal Recipe that goes right along with the current deals.)
Lately I’ve shared the recipe: Spring Salad with Grilled Veggies. Many of the items needed for that are still on sale this week (bold items means it’s the best price):
- Corn- $1/ 3 ($0.33 ea) @ Hy-Vee
- Mushrooms- $0.79/ 8oz pk @ Aldi
- Peppers (Bell Multi-Colored) – $1.59/ 3 pk @ Aldi
There are a LOT of grilling stuff (and veggies) on sale! Here’s a recipe that goes right along with Frugal Townie’s Round-Up for the week of May 9th.
These are the items on sale for this week’s Frugal and Healthy Recipe:
- Chicken (breast, boneless/skinless)- $1.58/lb @ Checkers
- Cheese (Kroger block/sliced/shred)- $1.79/ea @ Dillons
BBQ Yardbird Pizza
- Base: ½ cup ready-made barbecue sauce
- Toppings: ½ cup sliced roasted chicken breast + ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese + ½ cup sliced red onion + ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro – optional (we didn’t choose to use cilantro the first time making this, but we certainly will the second time!)
I make my own pizza dough using: 6 cups flour + 1-2 Tbl. yeast + 2 cups warm water + 2Tbl. oil.
Mix together ingredients, knead, and let rise until doubled. (This makes 2 pizza crusts.)
Add base and toppings to pizza, then cooked at 425 degrees for 25 min (I switch the pizzas in the oven halfway through for even cooking.)
So easy to make and it’s also very affordable. This pizza costs me about $3 to make. Pretty cheap meal! (Flour & Cheese from CostCo, Chicken – boneless chicken I cooked up myself for $1.88/lb., red onion from checkers) I am still adding to my recipe calculator, but that is something that is coming to Romance on a Dime in the near future!
Subscribe to Romance on a Dime so you don’t miss out when it does!
Or, if you want to have Romance on a Dime delivered to your email, just add in your email address (located in the sidebar, near the top). Thanks so much!!
Additionally, Yogurt (Kroger Greek) is on sale – $4 / 5 @ Dillons.
Last week I posted a recipe on how to make your own Homemade Yogurt – it’s really easy and you only need 2 Tbl. of yogurt and 1 quart of milk to make 1 quart of yogurt!
What recipes have you been enjoying lately?
© 2012, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.