(Note: Each week Frugal Townie and I, in a combined effort post the Grocery Deals Round-Up and aFrugal Recipe that goes right along with the current deals.)
Lately I’ve shared the recipe: BBQ Yardbird Pizza. If you have any leftover chicken, this is a great way to use it!
There are a LOT of grilling stuff (and veggies) on sale! Visit my recent recipes for ideas. With all the fruit on sale, I’d like to focus on that this week.
Following is a recipe that goes right along with Frugal Townie’s Round-Up for the week of May 16th.
These are the items on sale for this week’s Frugal and Healthy Recipe:
- Blueberries – $3.98/ 18 oz pkg @ Checkers
- Raspberries- $1.98/ 6oz @ Checkers
- Strawberries- $0.99/ lb @ Aldi
Summer Berry & Plum Pudding
(Originally from Real Simple)
- 3 red or black plums, sliced 1/2 inch thick (I used 4 because I had less of ingredients below)
- 1 6-ounce container blackberries
- 1 4-ounce container blueberries (leftover container of blueberries)
- 2 6-ounce containers raspberries (wish I had this ingredient!!)
- (I also added cranberries because I had a ton in my freezer)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 hamburger or hot dog buns, split
- whipped cream (optional)
In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the plums, blackberries, blueberries, half the raspberries, the sugar, and ¼ cup water to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the blueberries begin to burst, about 5 minutes.
Coming soon: Recipe tab!!
Subscribe to Romance on a Dime so you don’t miss out when it does!
What recipes have you been enjoying lately?
© 2012, Betsy Pool. All rights reserved.